Many HeroicStories stories are now being published in a podcast – an audio subscription where you can listen to the stories being told.
Our plan is to produce one HeroicStories podcast episode per week. Initially the podcast will be some of our existing stories already published on the web site. Eventually we plan to synchronize thigns so that each Monday’s publication of HeroicStories will include audio and be simultaneously available as a podcast episode.
Getting the HeroicStories podcast
The audio for HeroicStories is available several different ways:
- You can use the audio player at the end of each article that has audio to listen right there.
- You can download the mp3 from a link underneath the player and listen to it at your convenience using whatever technologies you might like.
- You can subscribe to the podcast using your favorite podcast listening application – the feed URL is http://heroicstories.org/feed/podcast/ (Don’t click – that’s a URL meant to be pasted or typed into your favorite podcast listening application).
- You can subscribe to HeroicStories in an RSS feed reading applications (the feed URL is http://heroicstories.org/feed/ – Don’t click – that’s a URL meant to be pasted or typed into your favorite RSS feed reading application). This is the main story feed that includes new stories as they are published twice a week. For those that have audio, it’s also included and many feed readers will automatically display an audio player.
- You can subscribe to the HeroicStories podcast in iTunes.
- We’re currently experimenting with posting HeroicStories podcasts on SoundCloud as well. Visit that page to listen.
- “Like” the HeroicStories Facebook page. We’ll be posting notifications there as well.
Sharing the HeroicStories podcast
You may share podcast episodes in mp3 form as you like as long as:
- The entire episode, including introduction and closing, is included.
- The use is non-commercial – i.e. you can’t use it to make money.
Commenting on podcast episodes
Simply search the site for the title of the story told and you’ll find that story here on HeroicStories.org. Comments are included at the bottom of most story pages.
Commenting on podcast technology
If you have concerns or comments with the technology, drop us a line via the contact form. This is not to comment on the stories themselves – use the comment form present with each story on the site for that.