Most Recent Story
- A taxi driver gives a newlywed couple of special gift on their honeymoon.
HeroicStories’ mission is to use the power of the Internet and existing media to bring diverse, international voices to the world to explore the idea that people are good, that individuals and individual action matter, and that regularly showing examples of people being good to each other will inspire similar actions in others.
Begun in 1999, HeroicStories brings diverse, international voices to the world – reminding us that people are good, that individuals and individual action matter. We’ve published over 800 stories like the following:
- Klansmen burn a cross in the yard of a Mississippi civil rights worker. She scares them off… then brings her children out to toast marshmallows over the burning cross.
- A construction worker laments his painful winter-cracked hands until he sees a man delivering newspaper bundles… a man with no hands.
- A retiree spends his time assisting grade-schoolers. Not until his memorial service did his family learn of the magnitude of the difference he made in the lives of others.
- A grandmother remembers her childhood Christmas Eve in a home with no heat. On Christmas morning she found a tree, gifts for all the kids… even heat.
- A driver’s headlights quit on the highway at night. Another driver slows, turns on his brights, lights her way for over an hour to her exit… then turns around to drive back to his original destination
Our mission is to publish examples of people being good to each other, to inspire similar heroic actions in others.
It’s easy to receive HeroicStories: they’re free, delivered directly to you by email twice a week. Just subscribe using the form on any page of this site. (We guarantee your privacy; we never share your address.)
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it’s the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead (1901-1978), American Anthropologist